Column of Leaves Knitted Scarf



This is a very pretty lace pattern that I used thicker yarn for, but I imagine it would be beautiful with thinner yarn.

Materials:
Size 8 needles
2 skeins Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in Aran
Instructions:
Pattern available here.

This pattern is really easy to follow, but it's not the best pattern for memorizing and working it on the morning commute. It's repetitive and easy to do most stitches in a row without looking at the pattern, but I found it helpful to keep the pattern in front of me to glance at when starting a new row to make sure I was working the correct stitches, especially toward the middle of the row.

Tips:
Notice that the beginning and ending edging specifies WS and RS, not first row and second row. I incorrectly read it as Row 1 and Row 2 and ended on the RS row before beginning the lace pattern, but  you need to end on the WS row before beginning the pattern. Thus, either work 7 rows or 9 rows (or another odd number) before ending the edging, not 8 rows as the pattern says.