Camp Out Fingerless Mitts

Especially in spring and fall, it's nice to cover up your hands but leave your fingers free. These fingerless mitts are really cozy and quick to make. I made these in one night using some old, unlabeled yarn I had sitting around in my stash. My mom and I go through gloves so quickly so I just stick to the acrylics now, though I'm sure the mitts will turn out beautifully in Noro yarn, as the pattern calls for.

Instructions:

Pattern available here.

The instructions are simple and very repetitive so they're perfect to make while watching a movie. The garter stitch cuff around your palm is worked horizontally first, then the stockinette stitch wrist is worked vertically second. It's a simple concept with a beautiful result.
I think I'll make another pair with the cuff in one color and the wrist in a different color.