Slouch Socks in the Knitted Slipper Book


My friend gave me The Knitted Slipper Book by Katie Startzman as a present and I was so excited to try out the patterns because I love me some slippers and socks. The book comes with 30 patterns and no two patterns are alike, it's great! There are felted slippers, slouchy socks, pom pom slippers, baby socks, and even these weird elf looking slippers that are strangely adorable. I was impressed with the pattern variety.

The book is really easy to follow, but it's definitely a book meant for people familiar with sock making. It has a handy reference guide for complicated stitches or maneuvers, like grafting, for reference, but there are no picture guides. The written instructions are easy to follow.
My first project from the book are these slouch socks that are really comfortable and work the heel different than what I'm used to, but I think it turned out nicely.
I can't wait to make more projects from this book. It definitely has some unique patterns and it's worth picking up if you're a sock addict like me!