Milanese Lace Topper

This is a great pattern that's perfect for fall and reminds me of falling leaves, especially in the burnt orange color yarn.

Materials:
Size 11 circular needle
Size 11 double pointed needles
1 skein Lion Brans Vanna's Choice in Rust - I only used about half of the skein for one hat so I made two and gave one to a friend
Instructions:
Pattern available here. This pattern was brought to my attention by the reddit knit along last year sometimes. I just got around to making it now.

I made the brim shorter than the pattern called for, then even shorter on the second hat I made (not pictured). In the pictured hat, I knit only 10 rows for the brim after the first K1, P1 round. In the second hat, I made the brim even shorter and only knit 4 rows for the brim. I tried it with the brim that the pattern called for and I found the brim curled too much and did not lay flat, even with blocking.

Use the circular needle for most of the hat, then switch to the double pointed needles as you decrease and the circular needle cord becomes too long to hold such few stitches.