Ocean Tranquility Afghan

This is a great repetitive pattern that makes a light and snuggly throw for those cooler fall nights.
 
Materials:
2 skeins Special by Stylecraft in Pebbles (892 yards per skein - it's pretty large!)
Size G crochet hook
Instructions:
Pattern available here
 
I considered making this blanket without the edging to increase the length of the blanket a bit, but I decided to do the edging and I'm so happy I did. The edging really makes the piece.
I hate when I have too much extra yarn leftover that could have made the afghan longer, but I also don't want to tear some of it out if I don't have enough for the edging. I started the edging before I finished the blanket by pulling yarn from the other end and starting on the side immediately perpendicular to the row I just crocheted on the blanket. Once I edged three sides, I went back to increasing the blanket length and had very little yarn leftover.